Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's December!

It's December, which means we are getting close to the big Poe bicentennial in January. It also means we're close to the beginning of the Poe Calendar's starting day on January 1st. Once the year begins, I'll post about different anniversaries and events in the life and times of Poe (and a few of his acquaintances), including some that were cut from the calendar because of space issues, etc.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to expand my lecture tour in December but the well seems to have dried up. If there are any suggestions out there, let me know. As it is, it looks like my last lecture of the year (on Poe's "Longfellow War") will be at Bowdoin College on Tuesday, December 9 (rescheduled from last week).

I'm thinking there might be some libraries or historical societies that could squeeze me in for mid-December (despite the short notice) or early January; advice welcome.

If you haven't purchased your calendar yet, make sure to do it soon! Remember you can purchase on eBay using the very secure PayPal, or feel free to email me at robvelella@yahoo.com to buy from me directly.

No comments: