Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rob on Poe

I wrote a special guest blog for the (very well-done) Read Street Blog at the Baltimore Sun about Poe's continuing legacy. Take a look and let me know what you think. This week has been and will continue to be full of guest writers on behalf of Poe's 200th birthday. I'm in some very good company, including a Pulitzer Prize-winner and several published mystery novelists.

Of course, Poe's legacy is international! I was also interviewed for "Sunday Breakfast" with Jose Barbosa on New Zealand's radio 95bFM. The whole podcast of the interview is here along with other chapters in their spotlight on Poe. I discuss Poe's diversity as a writer with a special emphasis on his criticism and the barely-known novel The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket.

No comments: