Friday, November 21, 2008

Poe calendar in Philadelphia!

Sorry for the late notice... but, if you're in Philadelphia this weekend, come support the Poe calendar at the Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site! I'm promoting the calendar there (7th and Spring Garden St) as well as lecturing on the Poe-Longfellow War, what I'm calling "The War of the Words." I found out some interesting stuff about this literary battle after being able to view it from both the Edgar Allan Poe angle and the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow angle. Putting the two together definitely made the story a bit more expansive. I'll be presenting my own conclusion as well, answering the question, "Was Poe right?" It's a phenomenal story, and even I was surprised by what I found.

Edgar Allan Poe National Historic Site
7th and Spring Garden St.
Philadelphia, PA
Saturday, November 22 @ 2:00 p.m.
FREE EVENT!
(Calendars will also be on sale)

No comments: